Am Samstag, 16. Juni 2012, 19:06:30 schrieb Michael Mol:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
>
> <volkerar...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 16. Juni 2012, 23:12:48 schrieb Alan McKinnon:

> >> Fine comment.
> >>
> >> Yes indeed, Microsoft's *real* cash cow - millions of corporate
> >> desktops running $LATEST_WINDOWS and $LATEST_OFFICE are all going to
> >> die out inthe next year. Not.
> >
> > and in corporate speak that means Windows XP and Office 2003/2007
> >
> > because they work, they don't get in the way of doing things, the people
> > are trained and nobody needs to smudge around on the screen,
>
> The most effective way I can imagine for keeping me on-task: Force me
> to use a Windows XP workstation.
>
> I won't be using _any_ personal credentials through the web browser or
> any other part of the system. I'm not taking that risk on a
> post-support version of Windows.

win xp is still supported.

have you ever dealt with 'standard office workers'? They want to use the same
tools every freaking day. The icons on the same place. The menu items
unchanged. The smallest change throws them off balance. Going from one office
version to another - like 2000-2003 is a disaster. And while 2007&2010 are
superior in every regard these people are helpless if you confront them with
such drastic changes.

Now imagine an update to vista, win7 or win8

Not everybody is a computer geek.

--
#163933