Dale wrote:
> Well, one reason I use gtkam is that I can rename the pics as it
> transfers them over. I date code mine and sometimes add other hints to
> the name. If I just copy them over from the card reader, it uses the
> same name as the camera uses and that doesn't let me keep track as I
> like too. I may see if digikam will import from the card reader thingy
> tho. That *may* work. Still prefer to plug in my camera tho. Thanks.
> Dale :-) :-)

OK.  I can get digikam to import from the card with a reader thingy.  It
took me a while, some hair pulling, a few threats of using a hammer but
I got it to name them like I want.  So, in the meantime I can get my
pics.  Thing is, to get to my card, I have to about disassemble the
camera.  I have to remove the mount for the tri-pod, the bottom and the
battery to get it out.  Well, it gives me a good excuse to charge the
battery.  Thing lasts for months on a charge tho.  That battery is
really long lasting.

I still want to get gtkam fixed tho.  It's much faster and simpler for
me.  Digikam has lots of bells and whistles I don't need.

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S.  For everyone else, never a crash or problem reading the card in
the card reader thingy using the exact same cable.  Worked like a
charm.  It seems USB just does not like cameras.

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!