Paul Hartman wrote:
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:43:39 -0500, Dale wrote:

My /home is over 1Tb, that is Tb too. I'm not buying
one big enough for all that.
1Tb is only 125GB, well within the capacity of current SSDs :P

Switching to an SSD, particularly on a laptop where you can't add a
second drive, really helps you decide how much of the content of ~ you
really need.

Mine is mostly videos and some smaller amount of pics.  1 Tb is 125Gb?  1Tb
is 1,000Gb or so.  I would also be concerned about the cost of one that
large too.

Confused.
Watch out for the "b" vs "B"... bits-vs-bytes :)

I always use the same as what is specified on the drive itself to prevent just that sort of confusion. I also go by the human readable output of df as well. Sometimes du if needed.

Changing the case of the b around is not going to change what space my data consumes or what a drive can hold.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!