On 2014-02-15 3:32 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com> wrote:
For Slackware, I have no idea. For Debian, no the only options were[1]:

1. sysvinit (status quo)
2. systemd
3. upstart
4. openrc (experimental)
5. One system on Linux, something else on non-linux
6. multiple

It should also be noted that no one in the TC voted OpenRC above
systemd AND upstart, and that while a couple voted systemd below
everything else, it can be argued that it was a tactical vote.

Regards.

[1]https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/

I would really, really, REALLY like to see a thorough, civil debate involving those far more knowledgeable than I on the pros and cons of systemd vs OpenRC...

As it seems to me, the Debian OpenRC page says that the cons are not nearly as large as the systemd proponents would have us believe.

https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/openrc