Hi,

with lot of help of this forum (***TAHNKS!***) I now
have a embedded device which is able to
dis/connect itsself from/to the LAN, set the clock via ntp-client
and is able to fire up a tool, which collects
data from sensors and put those into
a file ... even if the tool has no
connection to a terminal.

Next step will be to connect a GPS module
(ordered) to the GPIO pins of that board
(which is quite offtopic and I fear therefore
my sole problem... ;).

Suppose the GPS would already be attached
to the board and works...

Is there any free available software and data for
strict offline useage (which does NOT calls
to home), which is able to map GPS data to a street/land
map?
I need both: The maps themselves and the logic to read
GPS coordinates and map movements and ways to those maps.

Is something like that available for free or should
I directly ask the NSA/CIA/FBI/...?

Best regards,
mcc