on 11/15/2014 04:59 PM Mick wrote the following:
On Saturday 15 Nov 2014 14:22:47 Thanasis wrote:

The PC has an option in BIOS to "Power On" when the mains power is
restored to it, without any need to press any button.
So, once the UPS has initiated a shutdown to the PC, the PC will
shutdown, and if the mains power is restored (to the UPS) shortly after
the PC has shutdown, how will the UPS make the PC come back on, unless
it cuts (kills) the power to PC's cord, and then restores it after a few
seconds.
See the link Mick posted in his reply:
http://www.apcupsd.com/manual/manual.html#arranging-for-reboot-on-power-up

On the same page it lists a number of tests you can perform:

http://www.apcupsd.com/manual/manual.html#testing-apcupsd

Have you been through them and in particular the "Full Power Down Test"?  If
yes, did you wait long enough after the PC has powered down, for the UPS to
also switch off (you can affect the overall waiting time by setting a shorter
TIMEOUT value, rather than waiting for the batteries to go flat).

Yes I have set the TIMEOUT to 30 (seconds) in /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf, and run the tests. Waited more than 3 minutes after the PC powers off, the UPS will not kill the power.

If this does not get you somewhere, I recommend you post to the
nut-upsu...@lists.alioth.debian.org (you'll need to register first).

Is the above list (nut-upsu...@lists.alioth.debian.org) also appropriate for apcupsd users?

The
developers and contributors are offering friendly advice and are very
knowledgeable on all things UPS related, including annoying bugs with firmware
that defeat reason.

PS. The services I listed running are particular to my UPS, I expect different
to your APC unit.

Yes, because they belong to sys-power/nut. I 've been talking about sys-power/apcupsd, as I said in first post.
(Should I switch to sys-power/nut?)