On Friday, November 14, 2014 08:53:13 PM Thanasis wrote:
> I have an APC SC620I, which in case of power failure, it successfully
> initiates a shutdown to the connected (via SMART cable) PC, but if the
> mains power returns, the UPS does not recycle the power to the PC, and
> consequently the PC stays off.

Not all UPSs have functionality to cycle the power outputs when the power
returns.
And some that do require a specific command to be sent to it to enable this,
which might need some closed-source client that only works on MS Windows.

A few years ago there was a message on the nut website asking for a boycot of
APC because they changed the protocol and refuse to provide info on it,
forcing people to use the APC bloatware. (Requiring Java just to talk to a
UPS?)

--
Joost