On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 8:35 PM,  <waben...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 01.02.2015 um 16:31
> schrieb walt <w41...@gmail.com>:
>
>> For example, I had to add the rpcbind.service to the multi-user
>> systemd target because even nfs3 seems to need it. (I knew when I
>
> I never used systemd, so I don't know if adding the rpcbind.service to
> the multi-user systemd target is also starting rpc.statd. AFAIK this
> process is also necessary for a proper working nfs.

I believe that starting nfs-client.service or nfs-server.service
starts everything needed EXCEPT rpcbind.  I'd have to re-trace
everything, but I think that there are multiple packages involved here
and the upstream units don't include the necessary dependencies (I
think nfs-server depends on rpcbind.target, but nothing in the target
forces the rpcbind service to run - going from memory here).

I believe this is only an issue for serving nfs.  If you're just using
the client then you're fine just starting nfs-client, and systemd will
start that if it mounts the nfs share (such as from fstab).

--
Rich