> Am Fri, 29 May 2015 19:34:03 +0300
> schrieb gevisz <gev...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Firefox is compiled without any linguas set.
>> NLS support disabled globally in make.conf.
>> And still, while right-clicking on youtube videos
>> in firefox, I get menu in one of the easten-europian
>> languages. :(
>
> This may very well be outside of the control of the browser.  I don't know for
> sure how it works, but as I understand it, websites *can* determine your
> location (or try to) and adapt themselves accordingly.

May be. But I have just tried the same from Google Chrome
and got the same menu in English.

>  For example, I'm in northern Germany and in the past I would
> sometimes get the dutch localisation of youtube, and IMDB
> always shows me the terrible German titles of movies, even
> in links in English comments.  That's just bad website design,
> at least in my opinion.

But why a change of a browser solves the issue?

> Actually, after I wrote that, I decided to look in the Firefox settings, and
> presto: you can set the preferred locales for websites (under the "content"
> tab, or whatever it's called in English)! That fixed IMDB for me, maybe it'll
> work for you?

If you mean Firefox Preferences > Content > Languages > Choose...,
I have only the English language there.

May be I should dig into about:config, but from the first look
I could not find there anything related to my problem either.

> I don't think you've answered this yet: is this the only situation where you
> get the wrong locale, or does it happen in *native* applications, too?

Yes, this is the only situation I met. However the set of applications I use
is quite limited.