I believe he meant cron.

Besides cron jobs and associated executables, there's files which are
accessed intermittently and written/read from even more sparsely.
Unless you somehow log the file paths for all such interactions how will
you ever know what to delete and what not?  I guess you can keep backups
and experiment so that you don't find out something's missing the hard
way, next time you decide to reboot.
--
Regards,
Mick