Hi all,
        I'm getting disillusioned with the direction KDE is taking, with
respect to forcing users to use things they don't want to. The semantic
desktop, or whatever they are now calling bits and pieces of it, is one
thing that comes immediately to mind.

        Anyway, I've decided to move on and am thinking of going to lxqt. The
problem is that I'm used to several KDE apps, kwooty, kwrite and a few
more. Is it possible to run something such as lxqt and then emerge in
kde apps where it will bring in just a few kde libraries, which I can
live with, but not the whole desktop environment?

        Thoughts greatly appreciated,

                Andrew