On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 9:14 AM, lee <l...@yagibdah.de> wrote:

> They are connected to different vlans on the same switch, so they don't
> share the same broadcast domain.  The switch shows the mac addresses of
> the phones only in the expected vlan.

Out of curiosity, have you tried actually sending a broadcast on the
VLAN to verify that it actually is implemented correctly?  If your
switch is mixing ARP across VLANs that would explain this behavior.

I've never messed with VLAN on linux but I'd think that you could
probably implement VLAN in software and actually save yourself a
physical network interface as well (both interfaces could go out over
the same wire and be handled appropriately by the switch).

--
Rich