Adam Carter <adamcart...@gmail.com> writes:

>> Yes, I already tried that and didn't get any traffic listed.
>>

> In that case it sounds like linux has bridged them across from the other
> interface. Does this find anything?
> tcpdump -i enp2s0 net 192.168.1.0/24
>
> If it doesn't maybe generate some layer2 broadcast traffic on enp1s0 to see
> if you can see that traffic in the tcpdump on enp2s0. Something like;
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts
> ping 192.168.1.255
>
> After the test is done turn it back on with;
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts

Thanks!  I tried it, and nothing shows up.

> I've never bridged with linux. Bridging is usually a bad option - if you
> can I suggest you move to a routed and/or NATed solution. Clean and simple
> is best.

Most ppl seem to recommend bridging as the clean and simple solution.
How come you say that bridging is usually bad?

And how do you start a container without having a bridge on the host?
Not being able to do that is why I have the bridge in the first place.