On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:13:38 +0200, hw wrote:

> Since someone said I should use the same python target for everything,
> I set one globally.  Why wouldn´t that target be used?

It will, unless overridden per-package, but existing software will still
be installed with the old settings.

> Even if that would work, I can´t update portage before it´s updated to
> a version which can work with EAPI 6 packages, and it can´t be updated
> before it can work with EAPI 6 packages.

Which EAPI6 packages does the latest portage require? If it really
requires EAPI6 to upgrade from EAPI5, this is a bug, but one that would
have been reported and dealt with swiftly.

> So the only way to update would be step by step.  I´m probably willing
> to try that, but I expect other problems when doing that, like with
> updating perl.  And I can´t do that because it is required that perl
> works when the updating is done.

Forget your Perl experience, that was a completely different issue.

--
Neil Bothwick

Weird enough for government work.