On 13/09/2016 20:15, Philip Webb wrote:
> I've updated to KDE 5 , incl Gwenview + Oxygen-icons,
> but even after a reboot the icons are not showing on the screen ;
> it also occurs with Kshisen.  The problem cb seen at
>  http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-gwenview.png
>
> Can anyone suggest what I've missed ?

There was this thread about a month ago, the Subject was "Icons and KDE":

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 14:22:52 -0500
»Q« <boxc...@gmx.net> wrote:

> I have a panel with several Quicklaunch widgets.  There, I see icons
> for many of the launchers, but not others -- I just see blank space
> where they should be.

Also affected was the Kmenu.

Today, kde-plasma/plasma-integration was added as a dependency of
kde-plasma/plasma-workspace.  After emerging it and logging out and
back in, all the icons are displayed.

It's worth a look and a try - hey you nothing to lose :-)

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com