On Friday 16 Sep 2016 13:37:58 Philip Webb wrote:
> 160916 Philip Webb wrote:
> >
> > the Arch Forum has another suggestion, which improves things,
> > ie to create  ~/.config/kdeglobals  & include
> >
> >   [Icons]
> >   Theme=oxygen
> >
> > That gets the folder icons in the browse view,
> > tho' not the icons in the toolbars.
>
> I tried another brute-force approach,
> moved  /usr/share/icons/hi-color  to  -/-/-/hicolor-dft
> & made a symlink  -/-/-/hicolor -> oxygen .
> This has restored the toolbar icons, while folder icons remain ok.
>
> However :
> > I also have the other problem the Arch OP had encountered,
> > ie selecting items now requires a double-click.  I added
> >
> >   [KDE]
> >   SingleClick=true
> >
> > but it has made no difference.
> >
> > Is there a help file somewhere listing possible lines in  kdeglobals ?
>
> These  2  questions remain unanswered : can anyone offer suggestions ?

I am running Dolphin:

Version 16.04.3

Using:
KDE Frameworks 5.23.0
Qt 5.6.1 (built against 5.6.1)
The xcb windowing system

I am also running Konqueror:

Version 4.14.20

Since the update to 4.14.20, Konqueror has regained its ability to work as a
file manager, open directories/files with single click, have icons in its menu
bar and its drop down menus.  From what I can tell it works as it always did
in the pre-plasma days.

Unlike Konqueror, Dolphin looks, feels and works like a half baked alpha
version software with missing functionality.  No icons, have to double click
for everything and whatever else may still not work properly.  I am guessing
that it is not yet ready for human consumption, but future versions will
hopefully work properly again.  Until then I will continue to use Konqueror,
as I have always done under KDE2,3,4.  :-)

--
Regards,
Mick