160913 P Levine wrote:
> 160913 Philip Webb wrote:
>> I've updated to KDE 5 , incl Gwenview + Oxygen-icons,
>> but even after a reboot the icons are not showing on the screen ;
>> it also occurs with Kshisen.  The problem cb seen at
>>  http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-gwenview.png
> Are you using those programs from within a running KDE 5 environment?
> If so, did you set oxygen as the active icon theme in systemsettings?

No, I'm using Fluxbox to manage my desktop, but want to use KDE apps.
I've installed Systemsettings,
but 'systemsettings5' offers a rather limited choice
-- see http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-ssettings1.png
       http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-ssettings2.png
& setting icon theme to Oxygen makes no difference to Gwenview.

Thanks so far ; any further suggestions are most welcome.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca