On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 21:36:37 +0200, Thanasis wrote:

> > While you can untar it, that's a bit messy, and has caused problems
> > for me in the past (overwriting the /lib symlink with a directory.
>
> There is an option for tar, to *not overwrite* a symlinked directory, I
> think it's *h*

Unfortunately, I couldn't apply it retrospectively :(

Once I realised why everything was breaking, it was easy enough to
restore the symlink.

Even so, untarring a .tbz package is a brute force approach and should be
followed by emerging it properly, otherwise portage can be out of sync
with what is actually on the disk.

--
Neil Bothwick

User-friendly: (adj.) trivialized, slow, incapable, and boring.