On 06/30/17 15:11, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2017-06-30 12:01, james wrote:
>
>> [2] "octopus" layman/octopus
>>
>> Anyone running this version or Palemoon-27.3.0 from another ebuild?
>> I'm not much interested in building Palemoon from sources.
>
> I am not sure what your question or request is here.  Are you asking
> someone to share a binary?

NO. I either maintain ebuilds myself (over 50 now), or used those via
layman or the portage tree. I'm not looking to maintain a larger trees
as my cluster and science stuff is turning into a full time effort..

> I have my own ebuild of 27.3.0 which works without problems for me, with
> current stable gcc.

Excellent, that what I wanted to know. I had a real plucker of a time
with 6 packages when going from gcc-4 to gcc-5. All is fine now, I'm
curious if there are issues with gcc-6 on gentoo, that's it.

> I can share the ebuild (which is identical to the
> overlay, or nearly so) but, I'm not uploading the binary anywhere :P
>
>> Is there any quick and convenient way to write bookmarks (changes) to
>> both (qupzilla and Palemoon) so I can switch between browsers and see
>> the same bookmarks in sync?
>
> I share bookmarks between my two instances of palemoon by doing a
> bookmark backup (from the menu item "Bookamrks|Organize") on one and
> then a restore on the other.  Not really automated, but good enough for
> the frequency I need.
>
> OTOH, sharing with or reusing bookmarks from a different browser in the
> mozilla family seems to be problematic.  See this issue among others on
> the palemoon github site:
>
> https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/1100

This issue is close by not exactly the same. What I want is when you
save/modify/delete a bookmark in Palemoon, it would be instantly
effective in Qupzilla and vice versa. A 'simd' instruction, execute
once, write multiple-times, so to speak.

I was looking for a solution, on syncing up diverse *zilla bookmarks
records. If you think about, it's a really good idea and yields consumer
options to use another browser, when your 'fav' browser is not
performing as you wish.

thx,
James