Wols Lists wrote:
> On 07/12/20 04:24, Dale wrote:
>> I visited with my friend who recently got the same type of internet I'll
>> be getting.  Odds are, the boxes will be the same.  She has hers through
>> a power company and that's what I'm getting, just a different power
>> company.  Anyway, as I suspected, it has a little box which is the
>> modem.  It looks a lot like a old AT&T Westel modem.  It's a little bit
>> smaller but other than that, almost identical.
> Can't comment. If you've already got a cat-5 link from your router to
> the internet modem, chances are you're okay.
>
> My two routers looked pretty much identical too - the only difference
> was the first had an RJ-11 WAN uplink, the second has an RJ-45. Other
> than that they are the exact same model.
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

According to my friend, she's never even had to access the modem or
router. They set everything up for her.  I asked her to access the modem
so I could see the modem's web page, she didn't know how to do it.  I
plan to do as much of my own as I can.

I'm hoping to use my router since it is already set up and passwords are
already in everything that uses wifi.  Plus, I haven't had this modem
very long.  I bought some larger ears for it so that my printer and such
will get a signal.  I can get a signal about 400 feet down the road with
my cell phone.  lol

I'm excited about the faster download speed for sure but I'm also very
happy that I have the same speed going up.  I can do some sort of cloud
backup if I want but even better, I can upload videos to video sites
much faster.

Overall, this is better than I imagined several months ago when it was
first being mentioned.  Hardware and connections seems simple enough,
fast speeds and a company that is awesome.  Price is really good too.
Only $4.00 a month more than what I have now.

Thanks for the info.  Now for the waiting part.

Dale

:-)  :-)