On 2020-12-13, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I been using Gentoo for a good long while and most of the time, I still
> can't understand what it spits out onto my screen.

I know what you mean. I've been running Gentoo on mutliple machines
for 20 years now, and I'm still baffled by much of what "emerge"
spews. But, I have developed some heuristics to deal with it. Though
it's frustrating at times, it's still far less frustrating than
Ubuntu, RedHat, SuSe, etc.

It seems like when emerge "highly recommends" running 'emerge
--oneshot portage', emerge will cryptically refuse to do so about half
of the time. :)

--
Grant