On 12/14/20 4:54 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2020-12-13, n952162 <n952...@web.de> wrote:
On 12/13/20 9:18 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
Nearly 2 months, quite a long time in Gentoo update terms.
Okay, is the solution then to re-install?
That's _a_ solution, and might be less work.

But, if you're not going to update more regularly, you're probably
going to keep running into situations like this. They will require a
methodical approach, a good understanding of how portage works, and
will end up taking up more of your time that would updating once a
week.

--
Grant

One thing about frequent updating...  I thought I was following the
advice here by developing a procedure to update at the start of every
month.  When I did that, llvm, rust, clang, firefox, and thunderbird
would rebuild every time, for an average of 4 to 8 hours a piece.  If
those things - or their dependencies - are triggered that often, then
it's likely I'll be building them almost every week instead of every month.