Christian Panten wrote:

>Hi @ll,
>
>I am using a x86 system.
>Today I did an "emerge sync && emerge -uDNpv world" and hoped for updating kde
>
>3.4 -> 3.5. But threre were no updates for it. My question, is kde 3.5
>already not stable?
>
>Or have I to do something I forgot?
>

>Best regards
>Christian

It is available but it is still masked.  I have heard of people
elsewhere that have it installed and it runs fine but the Gentoo folks
want to make sure before they mark it as stable.  There have been a few
people that complain when they release something that has a bug so they
are exercising a bit of caution.  I can't say I blame them either.  It
is a big update if you let it remove the old version during the install.

You can make it update by putting kde in your package.use file but it
may be best to wait unless you would be able to fix anything that
breaks, which is why I am waiting.  Chances are it will not hurt
anything but you never know.

Dale
:-)

--
To err is human, I'm most certainly human.