Dear list,

I haven't used my Gentoo for more than half a year or so (it was well updated then) so the other night I made an update

emerge --update system

and all appeared to go well (lots of updates) but when I rebooted i got
----
* checking root filesystem ...
Failed to open the device '/dev/hda2': No such file or directory
* Filesystem couldn't be fixed: (Give root password for maintenance
   (or Control D to continue):_
---
Well I changed to root and tried
---
df
Filesystem    1K-block    used            Available    Use%    Mount on
                   35152904   8113240     27039664    24%    /
---
and

---
fsck -t resierfs /dev/hda2 (Confirmed with Yes)
Failed to open the device '/dev/hda2': No such file or directory
---
The file system is there as I can use nano and navigate in the directory hierarchy and visit files. I have, in Win XP, tested the partitions with 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' and they look OK
and don't have any errors.

Please, how should this be fixed?

Best wishes from a somewhat desperate Fredrik