On Sun, 07 May 2006 23:06:46 -0500
Teresa and Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:

> I did a manual download once, I think the command you want is emerge
> metadata.  May want to try that first.  I'm also familiar with
> dial-up. I used to be on a slow 26K connection.  It sucks.  My
> sympathies and I hope you can get a better connection one day soon.
> Yea cable modem.  :-)
>
> You do know that if you get it to where you can do a regular sync, it
> is a lot faster than a manual download, most of the time anyway??
> Just a thought.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Dale
> :-)
> --

Hi Dale;

I tried the metadata.  Didn't help.

I use to not have any problems with emerge sync, even tho it take take
a bit of time.  Now I have 2 boxes and both of 'em can't make it.

I've been playing with this for days, no luck.  It's 'bout to drive me
nuts.

Adrian

--
On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  http://204EastSouth.com
Purchase from On The Fly:  http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
The Cynical Libertarian Society:  http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls