On Mon, 08 May 2006 02:18:11 -0500
Teresa and Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:

> If you are using the default mirrors, change them.  I ran into timeout
> errors all the time with the default mirrors.  I think I used this
> one:
>
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/
>
> I think that will work better if you are running into the same timeout
> problem I used to have.  You may want to try "mirrorselect -i -r".
> Please, make a backup of make.conf before you run that.  Some have ran
> into problems with it messing up the file.  Just pick the mirror that
> is closest and works.  Try different ones if you need to.
>
> Dale
> :-)

I was going to try that, except of course I can't emerge mirrorselect.
Wouldn't you know it.  However, I can always edit make.conf by hand.
And I have learned the virtue of backing up config files.  The hard way
of course.

Thanks
Adrian

--
On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  http://204EastSouth.com
Purchase from On The Fly:  http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
The Cynical Libertarian Society:  http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls