wu chuanwen wrote:
2006/5/13, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Change your system javac to a 1.4 for the emerge of commons-daemon.  The
resulting class/jar files will run in a 1.5 vm -- since enum and assert
(introduced in 1.4) are both still valid identifiers in bytecode under a
1.5 vm.
How can i change my javac to 1.4?You mean re-emerge sun-jdk1.4?

That's probably what he mans.

Is
there any other ways?

Why? That's a good enough way, IMO.

Thanks!

Bytecode also allows two methods with the same name that only differ in
return type, which allows generics that only compile under 1.5 (and
modified versions of 1.4) javac to work under a vm as far back as (at
least) 1.2 -- as long as the requisite libraries are in place.

Sun and the JCP have been very good to modify the bytecode specification
sparingly, if at all, so that valid class files output from any javac will
run on almost all vms.  This common binary format goes a long way toward
the goal of WORA.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest

PS: Please delete text which you don't need, like the one which
I've just quoted.

Alexander Skwar
--
Would ye both eat your cake and have your cake?
                -- John Heywood