Phil Sexton schrieb:
Alexander Skwar wrote:
Phil Sexton schrieb:

Here is another guess:
How about /etc/conf.d/domainname?

Yep, should be configured as well. But as you can see there, it doesn't
set the domainname of the system:

# DNSDOMAIN merely sets the domain entry in /etc/resolv.conf, see
# the resolv.conf(5) manpage for more info.

Alexander Skwar

I saw that there was a /bin/domainname and /bin/dnsdomainname that both are linked to /bin/hostname.

Yep.

I just used the command:

# domainname uilleann

That's not a domainname, as there are no dots (.). Granted, a domain doesn't
have to have dots, but it's very unusual to have a TLD.

Also, I understood you so, that your hostname is uilleann.

and now the command:

# domainname

returns

uilleann

Yep.

My /etc/resolv.conf remained unchanged.

Of course. Why should resolv.conf be changed?

Perhaps this is current usage?

No.

Alexander Skwar
--
I love children.  Especially when they cry -- for then someone takes them away.
                -- Nancy Mitford