On Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2007, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> seems, certain wranglers are for killing bugs of
>
> > > specific persons ;-O
> >
> > well, Jakub is very fast closing bugs - and sometimes he closes
> > them too fast... this is nothing new - and arguing with him in a
> > civil manner usually solves that.
>
> I'm some bit confused that the wranglers should do such decisions
> at all (if they're not also involved in the affected package).

because it is their job to filter out noise so 'real' devs can concentrate on
the 'real' bugs. They are the first line of defence. And since bug wranglers
are humans, they can't know everything and sometimes they make a mistake. Bug
wranglers are the first filter, if the bug is not assigned to a team. And
sometimes, they filter things, that should not be filtered out. Stay calm,
explain the situation - and in my experience it will resolved. But having a
fit on this ml does not help anybody - it just looks bad. And it makes YOU
look bad.

I have been at the wrong end of bug wranglers (Moc) and java devs (when I
complained years ago, that updating one java vm, would change the user vm,
even if that package would be unaffected. For example user vm sun, update of
blackdown vm, user vm now blackdown vm. It took a lot of discussion, but it
was worth it).

Did I complain on this mailing list?
No.
 Because I know that the devs are humans and that they are volunteers.
Did that stop me from filing bugs?
Heck no!
 I just opened one yesterday and it was fixed in less than 12h... without fuss
or discussions.

Some people forget, that the devs are unpaid volunteers who are not perfect
beings, but humans - and some people forget, that the world does not revolve
around them.