* Hemmann, Volker Armin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I'm some bit confused that the wranglers should do such decisions
> > at all (if they're not also involved in the affected package).
>
> because it is their job to filter out noise so 'real' devs can
> concentrate on the 'real' bugs. They are the first line of defence.

Oh, funny, devs have to be defended from users ?

This really reminds me on the behaviour of some great German Telco.
They defend their techs (who often are really good folks) by stupid
callcenter people who can do almost nothing. The new management has
recognized that such extreamly bad service had cost about a million
of customers and so changes that. (yeah, I didn't belive it first,
but they're now really trying to do good service) ...

> And since bug wranglers are humans, they can't know everything
> and sometimes they make a mistake.

Of course. And I don't blame them for doing some mistake.
The problem is that it happens virtually everytime. I don't know if
it only affects my bugs which are declared invalid per default.

It would be really okay, if the wrangler says: "please provide
more information" or "the patch makes trouble with [...]" etc.
And if some makes an error, could simply say one word: sorry.
This would be an normal discussion, as civilized people used to do.

> Bug wranglers are the first filter, if the bug is not assigned
> to a team. And sometimes, they filter things, that should not be
> filtered out. Stay calm, explain the situation -

Once, I did. But that did not work. I was titled stupid, my issues
were declared invalid and I was told to go away.

> But having a fit on this ml does not help anybody -

For me, it helps. I just want to tell the public what's going on.
After that I feel better. If anything changes then is unimportant
at this point ;-P

And of course I inform people of my fixes. If they're interested,
they can pick 'em, otherwise simply ignore me.

> it just looks bad. And it makes YOU look bad.

I dont care. It totally irrelevant to me, if I look good or bad
in such an unimportant area like b.g.o.

All that matters is that I get my problems solved as quick and
easy as possible. And of course I like to give my works on OSS
back to the community.

cu