On 10/29/07, Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Do you really need router functionality? If not, I've had tremendous success
> with SENAO brand WAPs... namely
>
> http://www.wlansolution.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=NCB%2D3220
>
> Excellent, if all you really need is 802.11b or g and basic WAP features.
> Setup is via web browserand it delivers 400mw of power. Goes through most
> anything and makes just about all other name brand stuff look dismally
> weak...
[...]
> Oh... almost forgot, it's a linux appliance and supports remote syslog
> feature.

Thanks. Looks beautiful, but no way I spend >100€ on a WAP.
The Linksys is a router too, and costs roughly 65€. Router
functionality may be useful for me in the future (If there was a WAP
for 20€, I'd have took the WAP, but it seems its' not the case, apart
from the Fonera rubbish).

My home is little (it's basically a 2-rooms little apartment), so I
guess extra power is not really needed...

However thanks for the tip!

m.