On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 09:43:11 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> You don't need a Gentoo system to install Gentoo, all you need is
> something that can deal with the filesystem you want to use, tar and
> zip/bzip. Theoretically, even Windows could do it.

Don't you need chroot too? I suppose you could install cygwin on Windows,
but anyone who goes that route has far too much time to kill.

I installed my Eee from an SD card containing EeexUbunbtu. As you say,
anything that gives you a working Linux system will serve as an install
platform.

--
Neil Bothwick

Am I ignorant or apathetic? I don't know and don't care!