Am Donnerstag, 20. August 2009 schrieb Keith Dart:
> === On Thu, 08/20, Nikos Chantziaras wrote: ===
>
> > The 'dmesg' command and the ~/.xsession-errors
> > and /var/log/Xorg.0.log files should contain the specific error
> > messages.
>
> ===
>
> X errors might actually be in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old by then.

Sorry for not answering earlier, but I rebuilt another kde4 version, starting
from a clean system backup. I'm finished now and had my first test login. Of
course, the problem is still there, but neither dmesg nor any Xorg*.log
contains glibc.

~/.xsession-errors however was a little more informative, but only a little.
I've attached the relevant parts, but they don't tell much.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Emacs is a great operating system, which only lacks a good editor.

kglobalaccel(5653) GlobalShortcutsRegistry::unregisterKey: Unregistering key "Ctrl+F9" for "kwin" : "Expose"
[ 40 more of them ]
kglobalaccel(5653) GlobalShortcutsRegistry::unregisterKey: Unregistering key "Ctrl+Alt+V" for "klipper" : "show_klipper_popup"

kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit4: Exit.
Unexpected response from KInit (response = -1207865328).
startkde: Could not start ksmserver. Check your installation.
KCrash: Application 'ksmserver' crashing...
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
klauncher: Exiting on signal 15
klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
ProcessControl: Application '/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub' stopped unexpected (Process crashed)
ProcessControl: Application '/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub' stopped unexpected (Process crashed)
drkonqi: cannot connect to X server :1.0
kwin: Fatal IO error: client killed
kglobalaccel: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit4: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit4: sending SIGHUP to children.
ksmserver: Fatal IO error: client killed
ProcessControl: Application '/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub' stopped unexpected (Process crashed)
ProcessControl: Application '/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub' stopped unexpected (Process crashed)
ProcessControl: Application '/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub' stopped unexpected (Process crashed)
NepomukServer(5707)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
~