Am Donnerstag, 20. August 2009 schrieb Paul Hartman:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Frank Steinmetzger<war...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > I've disabled desktop effects, in case there was some clash with the 3D
> > layer, but apparently it's (also) something else. Though now Konsole
> > seems to cooperate, right-clicking on the context menu of the KPowersave
> > tray icon leads to a crashing X with 100% certainty. I'm rebuild glibc
> > now, see what happens.
>
> That's exactly the kind of problems I was having, and went away when I
> redefined all of the fonts in System Settings -> Appearance -> Fonts.
> I don't think it even matters which font you change it to, just that
> you change it to something. IIRC it had generic font family like "Sans
> Serif" instead of specific font names. FWIW. :)

I've only changed font sizes, not the families. Besides, kdelibs contained a
gentoo patch changing the default to Dejavu, so they're all set to Dejavu
already. I've changed them to courier new, and I got a crash, this time with
context menu of the KDE4 notification icon (i).

And lol - now I can't even open system settings anymore. Perhaps it's
something with font rendering. Deleting .fonts.conf, I could open system
settings again, but still I can't open a context menu without a crash.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
The manual said "WindowsXP or better", so I installed GNU/Linux...