On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Frank Steinmetzger<war...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I've disabled desktop effects, in case there was some clash with the 3D layer,
> but apparently it's (also) something else. Though now Konsole seems to
> cooperate, right-clicking on the context menu of the KPowersave tray icon
> leads to a crashing X with 100% certainty. I'm rebuild glibc now, see what
> happens.

That's exactly the kind of problems I was having, and went away when I
redefined all of the fonts in System Settings -> Appearance -> Fonts.
I don't think it even matters which font you change it to, just that
you change it to something. IIRC it had generic font family like "Sans
Serif" instead of specific font names. FWIW. :)