On Saturday 24 October 2009 14:58:00 Dave Jones wrote:
> Neil Bothwick wrote on 24/10/09 09:53:
> > On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 02:02:16 +0200, Dave Jones wrote:
> >> Alan, thank you for your 'RTFM' reply. which is utterly useless either
> >> to me or any other follower of the gentoo-user mail group.
> >
> > Seeing as how this has been discussed in the last two days, I don't see
> > how Alan's advice is useless. The question has been asked and people have
> > taken the time and trouble to answer it. Why should they do it again when
> > you could just as easily find the previous answer yourself.
>
> Another 'RTFM' message, thanks.
>
> I'll answer my own question, including detail which may be useful to
> other users:

It's only useless so you since you have not done the usual research yourself
yet; and it will continue to be useless until you do so.

As others have said, the answer is in the list archives. The detail contained
therein is likely even more than you need, but it is there. The asides I
listed are there to demonstrate and point out that large numbers of similar
questions are also repeatedly answered therein, along with the multitude of
repeat posts on their respective subjects.

I'm sorry you found my answer less than informative and perhaps even somewhat
insulting, obviously I worded it incorrectly. But you see, your "aw gawd, an
'RTFM' answer..." is the identical reaction to my original "aw gawd, a 'do my
homework for me' question".

Ponder that a little.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com