On 10/25/2009 8:10 PM, Dale wrote:

Well, I put -semantic-desktop in my USE line and ran emerge -uvDN
world.  It recompiled several things and told me it had some
@preserved-rebuild packages to build.  So, I ran that and got this
little message:

r...@smoker / # emerge @preserved-rebuild -a

Calculating dependencies ... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy
">=kde-base/kdelibs-4.3.2:4.3[semantic-desktop,-kdeprefix]".
!!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
- kde-base/kdelibs-4.3.2-r3 (Change USE: +semantic-desktop)
(dependency required by "kde-base/nepomuk-4.3.2" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "@preserved-rebuild" [argument])

The semantic desktop is the whole point of nepomuk. If you don't want all the semantic desktop KDE stuff, then you don't want nepomuk either. Try removing it instead of rebuilding it.

--Mike