Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am Samstag 24 Oktober 2009 02:02:16 schrieb Dave Jones:
>>> Please search the mail archives. Or read your elogs, it's all in there.
>> Alan, thank you for your 'RTFM' reply. which is utterly useless either
>> to me or any other follower of the gentoo-user mail group.
>
> It's neither useless to you nor to anybody else. The question has been
> answered here several times in the past couple of days and way before that in
> your very own portage news. So pointing you to the list archives or elogs
> gives you evrything you need to solve your problem.
>
> Bye...
>
>       Dirk

It is not just a matter of pissing off members on this list by asking
everything again and again. Most of the people don't ask here, but file
directly a bug against the issue. I saw douzens of those the last weeks,
concerning the qt thing, shared-mime-info upgrade etc.
We have a relatively good system to inform user about things going on
and the news items are another big step forward. But if users don't read
and use them they get useless.
So read and think about what portage tells you!!!