Steve wrote:
Firefox under Windows and Ubuntu :
Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to <<server>>.
Peer's certificate has an invalid signature.
(Error code: sec_error_bad_signature)

Weirder and weirder... when I switch to lynx, it works!

Lynx remotely gives these two warnings:
SSL error:no issuer was found-Continue? (y)
SSL error:host(shost.shic.co.uk)!=cert(CN<localhost>)-Continue? (y)
This is odd, because the CN for the certificate is shost.shic.co.uk (the same as the site name) not <localhost>...

On gentoo, addressing the server as https://localhost/ I only get the first warning - which is absolutely true.

I've tried adding certificates explicitly to Firefox and to Windows - but this doesn't make any difference. It looks very much like an Apache problem... though I've no idea what... nothing useful arises in the logs... no warnings or errors.... only successful page accesses from lynx are to be found.

Am I the only one who's had this go wonky?