On Thursday 12 November 2009 21:10:07 fe...@crowfix.com wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 08:09:00PM +0000, Steve wrote:
> > Lynx remotely gives these two warnings:
> > > SSL error:no issuer was found-Continue? (y)
> > > SSL error:host(shost.shic.co.uk)!=cert(CN<localhost>)-Continue? (y)
> >
> > This is odd,  because the CN for the certificate is shost.shic.co.uk
> > (the same as the site name) not <localhost>...
>
> I'd take that as a big broad hint that it is looking somewhere else
> for certificates in this release and it found default certs.

+1

Check in your default apache (most likely) or vhosts configuration files that
you have SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile paths pointing to where
your certs and private key are stored.  It may be that you were not very
careful with etc-update and it restored default settings?
--
Regards,
Mick