On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When upgrading a machine today, I saw a notice that mythtv 0.21 has
> now been hardmasked.  I think it's because it depends on an obsolte
> version of Qt.  Don't get me started on the royal PITA of requiring
> that Qt be installed for a backend-only setup on a server.
>
> Since 0.21 and 0.23 is hardmasked, and mythv 0.22 is unstable on
> everything except the amd64 platform, what's an X86 user to do?
>
> --
> Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! My face is new, my

I think this is being handled badly but that sort of the way it is for
a few days anyway. Shortly 0.22 will be unmasked as stable if it isn't
already, but there are LOTS and LOTS of things we need to be careful
about when changing or the Myth database will get messed up and
possibly be unusable.

It seems that a few devs can decide that something like qt3 is enough
to force people to move forward. I've got 5 x64/amd64 frontends plus a
backend PPC server. I'm not convinced they thought about this sort of
mixed environment issue but that's the way it is.

I am expecting that it's going to be a bad couple of weeks....

I'd like to find some sort of sunset overlay for 0.21 but I haven't
looked. Let me know if you go that way.

- Mark