On Wednesday 03 March 2010 19:30:56 stosss wrote:
> > I wonder if amarok would not be better off using the strigi/nepomuk
> > indexing function, instead of trying to be real clever and doing it
> > itself.
>
> I think Amarok uses MySQL.

Amarok definitely uses MySQL, but that's the storage function, we are talking
about the search function.

It uses MySQL in the most brain-dead way anyone ever heard of, a way that no-
one in their right mind would consider even half-way sane.

It *requires* you to jump through interminable loops at build-time because it
wants, wait for it, shared embedded libraries. I mean, wtf? That's not
something MySQL was built to do. It's like having sex to preserve virginity

Then, to top it all, the Qt db libs get used wrongly too, causing the db to
... not work.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com