Milton Jonathan ha scritto:
> Hey Andrea, hey Jody
>
> Thanks a lot for the suggestions, especially considering how busy you
> are :)
>
> I just realized that, aside from SVG and other ExternalGraphics, the
> same issue also applies to Marks when they are used as a fill for a
> PolygonSymbolizer - they become an image-based TexturePaint! This is
> really bad for us, since we wanted to draw hatches and print them
> nicely, but the hatches are turned into images before printing, too bad..
>
> So, I think we will have to spend some time to come up with a general
> approach that applies to ExternalGraphics and/or Marks used both as
> PointSymbolizers and as fills.
>
> Actually, I got a little confused since I didn't find an obvious way of
> drawing vector hatched-filled shapes with the Java API (that is, using a
> Paint different from the image-based TexturePaint). Do you guys know how
> this could be done?

Yes, and the answer is simple, as far as I know it can't. If you look at
Paint it just refers to a PaintContext, which is a pure raster api
(i.e., it uses the Raster class). Maybe during a print you have use
bigger rasters to have better definition, but to the best of my
knowledge the Paint API is not vector oriented at all.

> Oh, to let you know: we were implementing here a generic hatch
> ShapeMarkFactory, i.e., it does what Andrea's one does but for any angle
> (yeah, we were coping with computing the right shape size depending on
> the angle). Too bad it comes ugly on the printer..

It would be a nice contribution anyways for the rest of the world you
know ;)

Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org