On 6/5/06, Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/5/06, Tech Writer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I started up the Ubunu install, but it got caught up at:
>   ACPI: Unable to locate RSDP
>
> If I did my googling right, that means ...

  Yah.  In short, ACPI isn't there or is really broken.  This is not unusual.

My Fedora 4 system disables ACPI checking on a pre 1999 BIOS.  I imagine a P150 laptop is 1997 era.

I'd say Ubuntu needs a much more modern system with more power/ram/disk.

What modern distributions will work well on P150 systems?
Is it better to go retro w/ Redhat 7 era distributions?