On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Tilly, Lawrence wrote:
> Ok, I KNOW we're getting a little off-topic, but here's a side-bar link
> anyway:  http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/
> Basic idea:  "If your webpage even cares what browser I'm using, then your
> webpage is BROKEN!"

  I guess I didn't make myself clear.  I agree *COMPLETELY*.  HTML is
*supposed* to look different in different browsers.  The problem is that so
many people do not understand this.  They want HTML to work like PDF does --
the exact same page everywhere.  This leads to the inevitable "Only works with
Microsoft Navigator 7.36b on Apple Windows VII with a monitor set to 800x600
pixels, 15-bit color, and a reversed aspect ratio.  Oh, and you need
JavaScript, VBScript, ECMAScript, PostScript, and a manuscript-in-a-bottle."

  :-(

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>