On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Jack Hodgson wrote:

> At 6:02 PM -0500 2/18/02, Tom Buskey wrote:
> >There are also some groups trying to do community 802.11b networks in
> >Cambridge and Londonderry, NH.  I forgot the web site :-(
>
> I'm really interested in this kind of stuff. If anyone has any
> contact info, please let me know.

http://guerrilla.net/

they have an interesting artical about how to make a directional antenna
for your pcmcia card as well as some other equipment.

If anyone is interested in doing something like that in the Nashua area,
I might be talked into providing a "peering point" for a freenet... I
live in the Tree Streets and have both a 1.1Mb SDSL and a WAP (...which
I finally updated the firmware on, so it's now at 128-bit encryption.)

Brian

|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                Spam me and DIE!       |
|                 http://www.datasquire.net                   |
|                 Co-Founder & Co-Owner of                    |
|              Data Squire Internet Services                  |