On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Marc Evans wrote:
> Starband has their uplink in Georgia. The results of 60 seconds of 80 byte
> ping packets without BST to the nearest pingable router are:
>
>       round-trip min/avg/max = 660.2/1054.0/2046.2 ms

  For satellite, I believe the nearest pingable router is in orbit, so that
does not include the trip back to Earth, or the return journey.  (I could be
wrong on this.)

  Can you provide more information on BST?  Or links to same?  Since we do
have a client stuck with it, I am interested.  All I could discover about
their proprietary software was that it was very proprietary.  :-/

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>