On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, at 11:21am, Kurth Bemis wrote:
> hrm.....maybe I should look at another card.
> any suggestions?

  We have been using the AMI MegaRAID series with good results.  Nice
feature set, good prices, GPL Linux driver in the mainstream kernel, Linux
binary-only management tool from AMI.

  I think AMI sold their MegaRAID line to another company, though.  Things
may have gone downhill after that.  Or not.

> is there a list of supported hardware for the 2.4 releases?

  If you cannot find anything in $LINUX/Documentation, I would try "make
menuconfig" or ("make xconfig") and see what drivers are available.  Most
drivers also have a README in the source directory.

  Hardware compatibility is really an aspect of the distribution, not the
kernel itself, so beware.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>