On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Okay, I've installed RH7.2 (no erratas) 4 times today.  Not once has
> it come up with X running, yet each time I specifically stated that
> I wanted to use GNOME and wanted it to be started at boot time.
>
> This  *seems* to be a thing with them, and as Ben stated, broken and
> misbehaving software seems to be status quo with them :)

Well, I never set up my systems to go into init 5 (GUI) when I do the
initial set-up, so I can't speak about that.

I currently have two RH 7.2 systems that boot into a GUI. Once I get
throught the initial install, I boot CLI, tweak my settings, change
inittab to boot GUI and I have no problems.

--
TARogue (Linux user number 234357)
 Courage, Real courage, is no quick fix. It doesn't come in a bottle or a