[EMAIL PROTECTED], Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 03:42:37PM -0500:

> Okay, I've installed RH7.2 (no erratas) 4 times today.  Not once has
> it come up with X running, yet each time I specifically stated that
> I wanted to use GNOME and wanted it to be started at boot time.
>
> This  *seems* to be a thing with them, and as Ben stated, broken and
> misbehaving software seems to be status quo with them :)

Have you checked the logs for gdm or X?  Perhaps the display manager is
having problems.  I don't know where the logs are on RH but on Debian
the relevant log would be /var/log/gdm/\:0.log

What happens when you run init.d/gdm start (assuming you are using gdm
and not kdm or xdm)?

Where does RH sepcify the default display manager?  On Debian it's
/etc/X11/default-display-manager